UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AT FARMINGTON (U.S.A.)
August 25, 2018 – May 11, 2019
The University of Maine at Farmington is a small Liberal Arts college (1,700 students) located in the western foothills of Maine, 4 hours from Quebec City and Montreal, 3 hours from Boston, 45 minutes from Sugarloaf - one of the best ski resorts in the East. Former Language Assistants have taken classes in English Composition, Literature, Marketing, International Business, International Government, Geography, American History, Drawing, Chinese, Spanish and Outdoor Recreation, to name a few.
Do not pass up this experience of a lifetime!
August 25 - 31 International Student and Scholar Orientation.
Academic Year Your job will consist mainly of assisting a Spanish professor, supervising the conversation tables as well as organizing and directing cultural activities. The assistant will work closely with the Spanish professors, providing additional tutoring and conversational practice as necessary.
Stipend $2,710 per academic year, and $350 to help defray your airfare costs, payable at the end of the contract.
UMF offers free room and board, university health insurance*, tuition and fees for up to 8 credits per semester (equivalent to approximately $25,000 scholarship).
* Candidates must hold at least the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree for this position and be currently enrolled in a Master’s program.
* English Language Proficiency as proven by TOEFL (79); IELTS (6.5) scores or UMF Language Proficiency Evaluation Interview.
* For visa purposes, students will need to enroll in and complete at least one class (4 credits) per semester.
* Teaching assistants must live in the residence halls and serve as a campus resource. Assistants have their own room.
*In addition to the university insurance provided, teaching assistants must purchase supplemental health insurance to meet the U.S. Department of State J1 insurance requirements.
Postulación: hasta el 9 de marzo a las 11hs
· Para postularse por favor presentar personalmente en la secretaría: curriculum vitae, carta de motivación, carta de recomendación, constancia de alumno regular, certificado analítico y constancia de nivel de inglés (TOEFL, IELTS).
Convocatoria 2016 click aquí